Medical Student Scholarship
The Affiliated Community Health Foundation (ACHF) Medical Student Scholarship was established in 2004 to assist medical students with tuition. The goal of this scholarship is to encourage medical students to practice in rural Minnesota communities after completion of their medical degree.
The $1,000.00 scholarship(s) are presented annually to students attending an accredited medical program leading to a degree of medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy. The student must demonstrate permanent residency within the service area of an ACMC affiliate clinic (exclusive of student residency at or near a college or medical school), preceding the date of application. ACMC affiliate network includes: Granite Falls, Litchfield, New London/Spicer, Marshall, Redwood Falls and Willmar, Minnesota.
- Apply online or
- Print an application form and mail.
- Applications due by June 1, 2017
- Proof of enrollment in an accredited medical program leading to a degree of medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy is required
- Two letters of reference from persons who are not related to you are also required. (Required of all applicants including previous recipients.)
- Scholarships will be awarded in September 2017
The scholarship(s) are awarded on an annual basis only. Any student desiring to obtain further awards from ACHF must reapply each subsequent year and be in good academic standing in an accredited program.
Questions, please contact:
Student Affairs & Recruitment Support
Phone: (320) 231-5052
101 Willmar Avenue SW
Willmar, MN 56201